Senior Data Scientist (f/m)
Acerca del empleo
This is a unique opportunity for an open-minded person, fascinated by latest ML and AI developments but who just as much likes to get things done with real implications and observe the theories applied in the energy trading environment. As a Senior Data Scientist, you will translate the business needs to advanced mathematical models and create state of the art but yet pragmatic solutions, exploiting the available data to enhance trading decisions and profit generation.
Join us, be part and collaborate actively with the company wide community of Advanced Analytics!
Senior Data Scientist (f/m)
What you will do
- Design, develop and operate advanced analytics trading-related use cases across a cloud-based environment
- Leverage state-of-the-art machine learning, optimization and simulation techniques to maximize business impact of use cases in core trading activities
- Interact with trading desks on a regular basis to directly support profit generation with your models
- Perform exploratory analysis on new use cases, prototype solutions and present results to stakeholders
- Contribute to the internal promotion of Advanced Analytics to business stake-holders
- Shape and develop the Advanced Analytics use case portfolio on a pan-European level
- Conduct research activities in areas such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, with a focus on finding practical applications for our use case portfolio
What you bring & who you are
- Proven track record in data driven model development and deployment (>3-5 years of experience), ideally in energy/commodity trading
- In-depth knowledge of machine learning algorithms, time series analysis, and ability to apply them in data driven trading systems
- Experience articulating business questions and using mathematical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data
- Strong conceptual skills and able to interact with different audiences at different abstraction lev-els to democratize Advanced Analytics and their use in trading
- Highly proficient in Python and query languages such as SQL
- Proficient in English
About the team
Axpo Solutions has decided to accelerate the Advanced Analytics transformation and the wider deployment of model-based trading across the different commodity desks and countries.
For such a goal, the Advanced Analytics team has been created as a center of excellence for the adoption of Artificial Intelligence and Data Science across the whole company. You will be part of an international team sitting between Madrid and Baden (Switzerland) that focuses on end-to-end implementation of high impact use cases across Europe and commodity desks. As such, we also maintain regular contact with teams of traders, quantitative analysts as well as the management, who is a strong supporter of the ML-based trading approach.
Talent Acquisition Expert
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita www.linkedin.com.