Senior Data Scientist
Acerca del empleo
We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Hispanic America and Africa. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day.
Our vision and ambition are not only to make everything immediately available in your city but it is also to offer our employees the job of their lives. A job where you’ll be challenged and have the most fun working in through tech-enabled experiences.
Your Work-life Opportunity
Glovo is looking for world-class Senior Data Scientists to work in our Barcelona office. Are you passionate, proactive, data-driven and hands-on? Do you want to evolve in one of the fastest growing startups of Barcelona, building a product that will change people’s day-to-day lives and disrupt the on-demand market?
Be a Part Of a Team Where You Will
- Develop, test and productionize predictive algorithms by using state of the art machine learning algorithms and statistical models
- Evaluate algorithms through controlled offline (e.g. cross validation with holdouts strategy) and online experiments (e.g. cross validation, A/B testing)
- Contribute to one or more of the following areas: time series analysis & forecasting, A/B testing, customer analytics, personalisation & recommender design as well as operational research & optimisation
- Design experiments and interpret the results to draw detailed and actionable conclusions
- Generate and execute on ideas for exploratory analysis to shape future projects and provide recommendations for actions
- Create dashboards and reports to regularly communicate results and monitor key metrics
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across disciplines such as product, engineering, operations, marketing amongst others; identify use cases for data science application
- Mentor one or more data scientists; lead a small team
- Contribute to the recruitment and onboarding of data scientists
- Disseminate outcomes through talks as well as papers and posters in conferences
- At least 2+ years research and development experience in industry or academia. Holds at least an MSc, and preferably a PhD in a scientific discipline such as Physics, Statistics, Computer Science or Mathematics
- Deep theoretical and applied knowledge in at-least one of the following areas: supervised and unsupervised learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning, game theory, statistical inference, bayesian statistics, causal inference, time series analysis, decision theory, mathematical optimisation
- Experience working with large data sets
- Demonstrable experience at productionising ideas; from conception to deployment
- Python and/or R experience; can independently prototype solutions to problems
- Experience with big data (e.g. Scala and Spark) and cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Command line skills
- Experience a start-up and/or R&D environments
- Ability to manage a team is desirable
- Strong presentation skills in communicating with experts and novices
- Fluent spoken and written English
Experience Our Glovo Life Benefits
- Enticing Phantom Shares plan
- Attractive Relocation package (if applicable ;))
- Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
- Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food
- Free monthly Glovo credits to spend on our restaurant products (and zero Glovo delivery fee on all Glovo orders!)
- Cool perks such as fresh fruit and healthy snacks every day, beers on Fridays, Culture Days every 2 months!
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Flexible working environment
What You’ll Find When Working At Glovo
- Gas: We work hard with energy and passion for what we do.
- Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
- Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone.
- Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
- Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!
At Glovo we believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We know that the best ideas and solutions come by bringing together people from all over the world and by fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone feels heard and has the chance to make a real impact. It’s because of this that we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds.
Wanna take a peek into what it’s like to work at Glovo? Follow us on Instagram and like us on Facebook!
Glovo is transforming the way consumers access local goods, enabling anyone to get almost any product delivered in minutes. Our on-demand logistics connect customers with independent local couriers who acquire goods from any restaurant or store in a city, as well as deliver urgent packages for a variable fee. As of September 30, 2019, we’re currently present in more than 26 countries across Europe, Latin America, Africa, and Asia.
For additional information on Glovo, please visit https://glovoapp.com/ | Twitter: @Glovo_ES | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/glovoappES/ | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/glovo-app/
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita www.linkedin.com.