Senior Data Scientist
Acerca del empleo
? We are SingularCover, an insurtech startup. You might or not heard from us . If you have, great! If you haven’t, well… we still have work to do.
We’ve been around for two years. Our vision as a company is to help Small business owners and self-employed protect themselves, or in better words, with insurance products. We want to build the most advanced customized insurance engine to improve the overall experience.
We have big ambitions. SingularCover is in the process of becoming a fully MGA or in non-insurance jargon; we will provide an end-to-end experience. From quoting to reimbursement.
? If you’re a critical thinker, team player, and data enthusiast and want to be involved in the early stages of a product and tech team. Well, this could be a great opportunity. We have a lot to do! But, trust us; you’ll not get bored.
We are the 2020 South Summit insurtech Winner, backed by strong investors that have successfully built companies such as Wallapop, Glovo, Revolut, Slack, Facebook.
SingularCover was built by a team of international seasoned professionals with many years of insurance, technology, and customer experience backgrounds.
Small business First
When one is small, the risks and difficulties seem big. But, at SingularCover, we believe small businesses deserve the best protection and service so the entrepreneurs that run them can focus on growing them.
Every business is unique.
We insure bars, food or clothing stores, hairdressers, bakers, plumbers, personal trainers, or builders …; we offer you specific insurance for every industry and customized according to their needs.
Insurance as it should be
SingularCover leverages from data to recommend the best prices for fully personalized coverage that they can buy at any time, and transparently, and be insured in minutes.
As a Data Scientist in an insurtech, you will work with the Tech Team and the main departments in the company.
- Working alongside data analysts, technical leaders, business or management teams to establish business and technical needs.
- Assist the management team in defining profitability, pricing, risk, and overall insurance strategy for the company
- Help to foster data-driven culture at every level of the organization
- Provide analytical, technical, and creative solutions to different business, product, and operational challenges in the insurtech industry.
- Data exploration and wrangling for a variety of datasets coming from different contexts such as demographics, social science and consumer finance,
- Set the foundation for core actuarial activities such as compiling and analysing statistics to calculate insurance risks and premiums
- Analyse results using state-of-the art software, programming languages and libraries.
- Logically organize processed data for long term persistence in Data Warehouses
- Discover trends, hidden patterns that can transform into actionable insights for the evolution of products and businesses
- Frame complex problems to be solved using modern ML techniques
- Use modern dashboards, BI and reporting tools to visually tell stories about your discoveries.
- Communicating results back to relevant members of the organizations.
Where are we as a company?
- We’re small (~30 people in the company now), so if you like more established companies, it’s not (yet) the right time. Instead, you’ll help build our company’s culture.
- Since we’re an early stage startup, projects and priorities may shift.
- There’s a lot we can improve. It’s a great place to be but means there’s some jank. (Nothing too scary! ?)
- You’ll be expected to bring your own data perspective to help us do the right things and raise flags if you think we should do things differently. We value high talent and humility rather than high experience and ego.
What will we expect from you?
Your vision, ideas, and decisions will have a huge impact on how our product grows. Therefore, we are looking for someone who has:
- BS In Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Actuarial sciences.
- 4+ years working on a Data team, experience in modeling risks and pricing in financial or insurance companies is a plus.
- Solid grasp of core concepts such as Supervised/Unsupervised learning, regression, binary/multi classification, labeling as well as the most common algorithms and techniques such as Logistic regression, KNN, SVM, Decision Trees, NB, ensembles such as Random Forest or Gradient Trees Boosting.
- Knowledge of Python numerical and scientific libraries (numpy, pandas, sklearn) and how to use them to join and merge different datasets.
- Ability to quickly prototype solutions, models, or algorithms in environments such as Jupyter Notebooks/Lab
- Knowledge or interest in ANN and state-of-the-art libraries in the python ecosystem such as Keras, Tensorflow, or Pytorch.
- Ability to design and deliver a visual representation of analyzed data either with software libraries such as seaborn, matplotlib, plotly, or an integrated solution like Datastudio or Tableau.
- Proactive, curious, and organized. Willing to adopt engineering processes to learn how to improve predictability and reproducibility in experiments and deployments.
? Salary & Perks
- Salary based on experience
- Freedom within a framework work-from-home (it’s 2021, dah!)
- Free coffee
- Free Fruit
- Beach views (We’re based in Barcelona)
- Gym discount
- Ticket Restaurante
- Ticket Transporte
✏️ How to apply
The selection process will be as it follows:
- First Contact
- Data test / Technical interview
- Meeting the team
- Meet our CEO – COO
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita www.linkedin.com.