(Senior) Data Scientist
Acerca del empleo
At buynomics, we are building the next generation consumer product and portfolio management software. Our goal is to help our customers optimize their product portfolios to maximize profitability and other relevant KPIs. We achieve this by predicting future consumer behavior based on historical sales data, behavioral economics and advanced data science. We have successfully deployed our platform across 5 continents and in a multitude of ongoing client relationships ranging from telecommunications, consumer goods, and insurance to the software industry.
With our fast-growing business, we have recently received seed funding by prestigious VCs (La Famiglia & Seedcamp) and are now eager to scale buynomics to the next level.
We are data-driven and results-oriented. We encourage transparent communication and personal growth. We create a modern, dynamic, and flat hierarchical working environment and give you a lot of autonomy and responsibility straight from the start.
If you are interested in advanced data science and data driven SaaS solutions, can identify yourself with these values and thrive to work in a fast-paced and intellectually intense environment, then join the buynomics team and become part of our success story!
We are the commercial insights solution of tomorrow. We are buynomics.
You will play a key part in improving our statistical methods that sit at the heart of our product. As part of the Research group within the Data team, you will:
- Improve the accuracy, the scope and/or the degree of automation of our current algorithms predicting consumer behavior and optimizing towards our clients’ objectives, using state-of-the-art methods from statistical learning, machine learning and optimization
- Research, prototype, and implement new algorithms and automation approaches to solve high-priority issues within the buynomics data value chain
You are a curious and interested mind seeking to drive our methods stack together with our two co-founders and the Data Team Lead. You are eager to tackle new challenges and technology on a regular basis. Specifically, you have:
- MSc or PhD in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Quantitative Economics or a similar quantitative field from a leading university with deep theoretical knowledge of statistics and at least intermediate knowledge of machine learning
- Strong conceptual abilities with a good understanding of business needs and excellent communication skills
- Eagerness to drive value and have impact from “day 1” including a hands-on mentality to actively help yourself and others
- Ability to effectively manage the ambiguities of a young startup and strive for excellence without much supervision
- Proven track record (a minimum of 2 years) of delivering performing data science features/software, either in a business or an academic setting
- Good knowledge of at least one of the standard programming languages for data science (ideally python, alternatively R, Matlab, Julia, etc.)
- Very good verbal and written English (German is a plus)
- Responsibility right from the start and enormous growth potential within the company and beyond initial role
- Being part of a fast-growing and highly innovative tech company with direct impact
- Deep insights into different industries and strategies of client groups
- International, young, and dynamic team with flat hierarchies and quick decision
- Competitive compensation incl. ESOP (Employee Stock Option Plan) participation
- Office options in Cologne, Barcelona, or remote
Contactar al anunciante de empleo
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita www.linkedin.com.