Mid-Senior Data Analyst
Ironhack is an education startup that was founded to disrupt the way tech education works!
Doesn’t it seem odd that we’ve been learning the same way since the Industrial Revolution? Virtually all industries are pushing the limits on how to do things faster, better, and more efficiently. Yet, for the most part, people feel stuck on a 4+ year (and usually quite expensive) path that often results in an unfulfilling career path.
We empower students to create a new path – one that leads to meaningful careers in software development, product design or data analytics in a fraction of the time and cost of traditional education.
Our higher purpose is to transform the education space to be unapologetically outcomes-driven. Whether students are looking to change careers, get a promotion, skip University, or start their own company, we work tirelessly every day to make sure this path is as quick, immersive, and accessible as possible. Hearing these success stories is what gets us out of bed each day, excited to come to work 🙂
It’s with this mindset that we’ve become one of the key global players in bridging the digital skills gap, serving both those looking to get into tech, as well as the companies hungry for tech talent.
- Founded in 2013 by Wharton and Harvard grads
- Operations in Miami, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Mexico City, Lisbon, Amsterdam, Sao Paulo and Berlin
- 100% YoY Growth (help us to keep it going!)
- Graduated over 6500 students
- 100+ global team members
- Venture capital backed
About The Gig
A large part of the success of Ironhack depends on the data we have. The Data Analyst plays a critical role in ensuring we have good quality and accessibility to our the data, enabling us to make better decisions for our students.
We’re looking for a Data Analyst that will work transforming Ironhack into a more data-driven organization. The role is based in Madrid, although we will work remotely from Spain (we may want to meet onsite from time to time).
Ironhack is becoming a data-driven organization; we are in the early stages of it, so you will be key in achieving it as a Data Analyst.
We Are Working Hard On Three Main Points
- Making data available to everyone (developing a platform that provides accessibility and autonomy to the employees to query the data)
- Spreading the knowledge of data around the company: an essential part of autonomy is to be able to extract valuable knowledge from the data. That’s why we are training all the Ironhack’s employees on necessary data skills.
- Improving the quality of our data: data is useless if the quality is low. We are working hard on being aware of the quality of the data.
In the future, we’ll work also on providing Advanced Analytics to the company, such as forecasting, clustering, and different Machine Learning and statistics techniques. So the challenges are varied, and you will be able to develop yourself in different areas.
You will be close to
- Technical aspects of the data such as analysis, quality, reporting, and generation
- Non-technical aspects of the data: working on our culture, helping people to be autonomous
You will be responsible for
- Definition, analysis, design, and development of data quality models
- Definition, analysis, design, and development of analytical processes and models
- Training employees in basic data skills such as dashboarding, querying and analyzing data
- Developing business cases to focus on the market with higher potential impact
- Data lineage and governance
- Your day-to-day. We work with agile methodologies, so you will know your priorities, but also you will be responsible for how you plan your day-to-day work.
Your Skills And Experience
- At least 3 years of experience as Data Analyst
- Degree in a Quantitative field or related courses
- Demonstrated knowledge of BI projects
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with a programming language (R, Python, etc)
- Demonstrated experience on relational databases: design, manipulate and query the data in Postgresql
- Data Preparation (Cleansing and Standardization). Use of Python to transform, clean and store data in different formats.
- Analytic models: proven knowledge and experience on classical models (classification, regression, time series, clustering, etc.)
- Being a team player is a must
- Hands-on experience building a strong governance environment
- Experience in working and delivering end-to-end projects independently
- Liking and understanding how to work in an agile environment
- Comfortable with English speaking
What we offer in the data team
- The possibility to learn about many different business processes: we work with the marketing team, education, sales, etc. You will learn what their main processes are and how they use the data
- The possibility to work with people from different countries. It is always interesting to know better different cultures
- We are a small team with high impact
- 30 – 35k gross year, depending on the profile
Is this you?
- Passionate about education and technology!
- Comfortable embracing a culture of constant experimentation
- Really positive, upbeat, and social
- Encouraged by challenges and enjoy having tons of autonomy with no bureaucratic BS
- Likes to work in a small team with a variety of challenges
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work environment
- 100% Employer-paid healthcare (for US + LATAM full-time employees)
- Tons of amazing events with our students and community of instructors
- Learn to code, design, or analyze data: enroll in our part-time courses for free!
- Unlimited sick policy
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita www.linkedin.com.