Junior Data Scientist for Personalisation Project
Acerca del empleo
At zooplus we’ve been gathering data for more than twenty years and every day we acquire new forms and ways to do so. The core Data Science Team inside the Data & Analytics department is responsible for transforming this raw data into deep and valuable information that will allows us to understand and predict the next moves in the industry.
In this role you will have the opportunity to be working as a multi-functional Data Scientist. You’ll join an international team with expertise in data science, data engineering and cloud infrastructure, and will work helping the company to make current applications smarter, proposing new approaches, or predicting behaviors so we can adapt better to the always changing market of e-commerce.
The tech stack you’ll work with includes (but is far from limited to):
- Python and Spark
- AWS and Terraform
- Git, Jenkins, …
What You Will Be Responsible For
- Creation of Machine Learning pipelines for close-to-real-time visitor segmentation
- Building from model to production Machine Learning models for user behavioral clustering
- Automatic extraction of causal knowledge from varied information sources such as product descriptions, magazine articles, etc.
- Designing data intensive recommendation systems, personalized search, and statistical models for a next customer action
What we are looking for
To work together in an optimal way in this position, we wish your qualifications to include
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience finding, cleaning, and manipulating data to build data sets
- Statistical modeling and data analysis experience (e.g., significance testing, regression modeling, sampling theory, etc.)
- Experience using Python or a similar scripting language for statistical modeling
- Interest or experience in natural language processing research and machine learning
- Experience using open-source statistical packages such as NumPy, Pandas, Spark ML, etc
- Be passionate about building NLP and recommender systems through innovation and experimentation.
Job Responsibilities Include
- Working with other data scientists and engineers to design and implement behavioral clustering and predictive models based on anonymized visitor data
- Developing infrastructure for cleaning and processing data and running experiments to evaluate system performance
- Performing error analysis and suggesting and implementing improvements
- Participating in development and design of the internal recommendation system
- Participating in development and design of the personalized search system
- Communication of the results to stakeholders
- Being a strong team player ready to work in a startup manner
What We Are Offering You
Become a part of our success story and seize the opportunity to take on a real challenge in a dynamically growing company where there is huge scope for development and short decision-making processes. We are offering you a versatile, international-facing role in our motivated team with colleagues from all over Europe. Our Spanish office is at a great location in Madrid, with great infrastructure links. Additionally, we offer many competitive benefits such as:
✈ 28 labour days of vacation (plus December 24th and 31st)
⌚ Flexibility first. Enter from 7 am to 10 am and organise yourself.
???? Remote working flexibility.
???? Offices in the city center of Madrid. Modern working spaces with table tennis, foosball, fresh fruit, beverages and company events.
???? Private medical healthcare insurance for all our employees.
???? Continuous development through internal and external training opportunities.
???? Participate in the technology community through our meetups and conferences.
✏ English, German and Spanish language courses.
???? Discount in our zooplus shop for all our employees.
???? Referral program. You will receive a bonus by helping us finding the best talent.
???? We encourage diversity, meet our motivated and friendly teammates from over 50 nationalities.
Did we make you curious?
Then send us your application in English via our online application form
Nivel de experiencia
- Servicios y tecnologías de la información
Tipo de empleo
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita www.linkedin.com.