Genomic Data Scientist
Acerca del empleo
We are growing, grow with us!
Are you looking for a dynamic company with daily new challenges and opportunities?
Then, Pharmalex is your career opportunity. Pharmalex is one of the leading service companies for the Pharmaceutical Industry globally and is specialized in all aspects of drugs and medical devices approval, of the market development and any action of effective product maintenance.
Genomic Data Scientist
As a genomic data scientist, you will solve challenging problems including, but not limited to, drug target identification and validation, drug repurposing, biomarker discovery, patient stratification, and companion diagnostics.
- Provide strategic planning and perform analysis or simulations independently or in a team
- Identify, evaluate, refine, or recommend statistical/computational methods to answer scientific questions
- Process data and perform statistical analysis of genomics (e.g., GWAS, WGS, WES), transcriptomics (e.g. bulk or single cell RNA-seq), proteomics, immunophenotyping, among others.
- Develop statistical programs, reusable functions (or macros) or pipelines
- Interpret analysis results, identify meaningful findings, and suggest value-added next steps
- Provide technical writing for deliverables such as analysis plans, presentations, reports, and manuscripts
- Communicate with clients and represent company at external meetings
- Train others on knowledge, skills, and tasks as deemed qualified
- Serve in a Project Lead role or a Line Manager when needed
- Ph.D./M.S. in relevant fields such as computational biology, bioinformatics, computer science, biostatistics
- Excellent problem-solving and self-learning skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Proven ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks
- Knowledge in statistical genetics, statistical modeling and methodologies; knowledge in AI/ML is a plus
- Experience in population genetic association studies (experience in family and Mendelian studies is a plus)
- Experience in analyzing large-scale datasets such as biobanks and consortia
- Familiarity with tools (e.g., PLINK, SAIGE, REGENIE, BOLT-LMM, DESeq2, Seurat)
- Experience in integrative multi-omics analysis is a plus
- Proficiency in R programming (familiarity in Python is a plus)
- Domain knowledge in clinical development or precision medicine is preferred
If you are interested in joining our Pharmalex team taking over this challenging job opportunity in our future-oriented company, we are looking forward to receive your application documents stating your earliest possible starting date, any visa requirements and salary expectations on-line.
Agencies only by prior agreement for the specific job opportunity.
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita www.linkedin.com.