Game Data Scientist
Acerca del empleo
Voodoo is a Tech company that creates and publishes hyper-casual and casual mobile games for a wide audience. It is the worldwide leader in the mobile game market through snackable, innovative, and creative content combining data and new technologies.
The company raised $200M in 2018. More recently, Tencent has become a minority stakeholder in Voodoo, with a role in framing our strategy to dominate the Asia Pacific region.
#1 worldwide in mobile game downloads, and regularly at the top of the App Store rankings, our games have about 300 million monthly active users and more than 5 billion downloads since our creation. Voodoo is one of the most impressive examples of hypergrowth in the ecosystem, having multiplied its turnover by 5 over the past few years.
With more than 400 employees around the world, we would love you to apply to join an ambitious, innovative and international company!
What will be your main challenges?
You will be joining the new and growing Casual Games Business Unit at Voodoo. You will play a key role in the growth of this unit and in setting standard methodologies to support a growing number of studios and partners. You will work in an ambitious and fast-paced environment with stakeholders from multiple horizons: management, game design, marketing and tech.
You will be the link between our data organization and multiple teams working on games in development or live. You will assist them through the different stages of the game development cycle: implementation of events tracking, analyses of the performance of early prototypes, performance assessment of games to launch, optimization of live games and content. You will also need to adapt to a fast-moving environment and be pragmatic when it comes to defining priorities and choosing the most efficient solutions.
We expect you to match the high standards of rigor needed to carefully assess the potential of a game and identify areas of improvement to clearly communicate your results with the game teams. You will become an undisputed expert in game analytics, earning the trust of your collaborators through rigorous and efficient work.
What do we expect?
- At least 2 years of analytical work experience in the gaming, tech or data-driven industry.
- Proficient with SQL and either R or Python, with a proven experience working with large and complex data sets.
- Good knowledge of statistical analysis and concepts used for industry-standard methods like AB testing or forecasting.
- Autonomous person with a strong analytical mind, problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to understand a business problem, turn it into an analytics/statistics problem and solve it using adequate methods.
- Highly pragmatic mindset with the ability to quickly identify what needs to be focused on and what can be considered of lower priority.
- Proven track record working in close connection with product teams and clearly communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
What is your team about?
The Casual Data Team is a centralized structure made up of industry veterans whose mission is to set up an efficient and rigorous analytical framework to support multiple studios and ambitious projects to drive the growth of Casual Games at Voodoo.
The data team plays a critical role in shaping the success of our games by identifying successful and underperforming patterns and communicating both results and recommendations to our stakeholders. We always seek to improve every piece of our complex analytical stack, from data collection to analytical methods and business impact.
We give all team members ownership of their projects while ensuring they have the right tools and support to grow both personally and professionally.
This role can be handled by candidates based in Barcelona, Paris, Berlin, and London.
Does this sound like it was written with you in mind? Excellent! Put in your application and let’s discuss the possibilities!
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita www.linkedin.com.