Data Scientist with a Focus on Machine Learning Engineering
Acerca del empleo
For over 80 years, GfK has been a reliable and trusted insight partner for the world’s biggest companies and leading brands who make a difference in every consumer’s life – and we will continue to build on this. We connect data, science and innovative digital research solutions to provide answers for key business questions around consumers, markets, brands and media. With our headquarters in Germany and a presence in around 60 countries worldwide, you benefit from our global company with a diverse community of ~9,000 employees.
Harnessing the power of our workforce, the greatest asset we have is our people. As part of GfK, you can take your future into your own hands. We value talent, skills and responsibility and support your development within our international teams. We are proud of our heritage and our future: Currently we are in the latter stages of a transformational journey from a traditional market research company to a trusted provider of prescriptive data analytics powered by innovative technology. This is only possible with extraordinary people and this is why we are looking for YOU to help create our future. For our employees as well as for our clients we pursue one goal: Growth from Knowledge!
As a Data Scientist you will deliver innovative analytics on top of unique data sets using a state-of-the-art tech stack. A perfect playground for creative minds who have fun shaping things. You will work in a stable cross-functional and agile team delivering small, incremental improvements through continuous delivery pipelines. You will get the chance to consult internal as well as external clients in the field of Media Measurement, helping them to translate business requirements into analytical solutions. You will do feasibility checks and put them on stage by productizing the work within our existing system landscape. Your colleagues are experienced Data Scientists and Engineers who will happily share their knowledge but are also keen to learn from your experience. Moreover, you will be part of the Global Data Science community, 60+ professionals in 4 countries, all ready to challenge and be challenged by your skill set.
As Data Scientist you will have following key accountabilities:
- Design, develop and implement solutions based on data science, stats and machine learning models throughout the full life cycle (ideation, design, implementation, productization and maintenance)
- Create and improve methods and tools, contribute to communities of practice in the area of Data Science
- Communicate regularly with non-data scientists in Tech, Operations, Commercial, Product to understand the domain and the requirements, as well as explain data science principles, concepts, algorithms, and approaches
- Make data your best friends, understand their strengths and leverage them – be aware of their weaknesses and tackle them in your solutions
- Screen the market for potential new / innovative Data Science approaches
- Foster knowledge exchange within the company and present GfK’s Data Sciences expertise at conferences and workshops
Now you know what a Data Scientist does. What skills, qualifications & experience do you need for this job?
- You can think creatively in addressing analytical objectives
- You have expert machine learning modeling skills (e.g. classification and predictive modelling)
- You have expert skills regarding performance optimization and scalability (e.g. parallelization, code optimization, containerization, function as a service)
- You have experience with an analytical programming language (Python, R) and the respective ecosystem
- You have solid skills regarding database handling as SQL
- Knowledge of the constantly evolving Data Science ecosystem and its frameworks (e.g. Spark MLlib, TensorFlow, MLflow) is a plus
- You have good knowledge of the AWS cloud computing environments
- Good Linux knowledge is a plus
- You have advanced software development skills (unit testing, CI/CD, Git)
- Your English is fluent in a business environment, fluent Spanish is a plus
- You typically have a master’s degree or PhD that reflects strong modeling, statistics and IT skills
- You typically have 3+ years of work experience
Admittedly, this is a long list and we do not expect you to be able to tick off every single point on it. Learning on the job and formal trainings will help you to close potential knowledge gaps and quickly bring you up to speed.
We offer an exciting work environment that brings people together. We encourage an entrepreneurial and innovative spirit. We make use of the latest digital technologies. We are looking for self-starters, who accept challenges and create solutions.
Can there be a better place to take center stage in the digital revolution? We are excited to getting to know you!
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita www.linkedin.com.