Data Scientist, Translational Medicine
Acerca del empleo
Clarivate(tm) is a global leader in providing solutions to accelerate the lifecycle of innovation. Our bold mission is to help customers solve some of the world’s most complex problems by providing actionable information and insights that reduce the time from new ideas to life-changing inventions in the areas of science and intellectual property. We help customers discover, protect and commercialize their inventions using our trusted subscription and technology-based solutions coupled with deep domain expertise.
We now have more than 8,500 colleagues in over 40 countries worldwide, and we work with over 200 partners to deliver value and success for our customers. Today, Clarivate is a publicly traded company, listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker NYSE:CLVT.
Clarivate is committed to building, nurturing, and developing a diverse culture of belonging where new colleagues can bring their authentic self to work every day! Join us!
We are always looking for talented scientists to grow and develop our team and currently we are looking for an experienced data scientist who will work with our clients – ranging from pharmaceutical companies to clinical centers and non-profit organizations – on different projects, related to data analysis, literature curation, data standardization and reconstruction of molecular pathways.
Responsibilities and Duties
In your day-to-day activities, you will work on:
- Work with customers in data analysis, extraction, and curation of translational research datasets.
- Responsible for systematization of biological and medical information, search and in-depth analysis of translational and medical data.
- Support projects related to pathway reconstruction of molecular mechanisms of disease development and progression, mechanisms of drug action or resistance.
- Contribute to the development of new approaches and techniques to address complicated and interesting scientific questions.
- Participate in business and strategy development by scoping customers’ needs and transforming their requirements into solutions.
- Publish results of your research in scientific journals, prepare customer-oriented presentations and training materials.
Your Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Extensive experience with curation of multiple data sources, including scientific literature, patents, clinical trial registries, FDA/EMA drug labels, companion diagnostic kits and clinical society guidelines, as well as public databases.
- Knowledge of molecular biology, cell biology, human genetics, and signaling pathways.
- Knowledge of scientific methodology, clinical research, translational and medical data management.
- Broad experience in delivering consulting projects for Business Development, Medical and R&D groups of global pharma companies, biotechs, non-profits and academia.
- Preferred: Knowledge of scripting languages (Python, R) or database querying languages (SQL), and Git and experience with MetaCore and/or Ingenuity Pathways would be an advantage.
- Preferred: Knowledge of Clarivate proprietary databases Cortellis, Cortellis Drug Discovery Intelligence (previously Integrity) and MetaBase would be a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to conduct regular presentations, lead customer conversations and write scientific texts/articles. Aptitude for working in a customer-oriented consulting environment: an ability to earn customer trust through effective communication, efficiency, integrity, and deep technical expertise.
- Self-starter able to work independently and within a dynamic multidisciplinary team.
- PhD or Master’s degree with professional experience in a field related to molecular biology, biochemistry, systems biology or similar
- Advanced level of Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Python, R) or database querying languages (SQL) would be an advantage
- A minimum of two to three years of relevant work experience in data analysis in professional setting, preferably in a biotechnology, pharmaceutical, or healthcare setting.
What We Can Offer You
- A modern culture environment combined with all the financial and stability advantages of working for a large business
- Active volunteering community, with 40 annual paid hours of volunteering time
- Private Health and Life & Disability insurances.
- Tax-free benefits (Ticket Restaurant scheme, kindergarten and transport cards)
- Remote language classes (Catalan, Spanish and English)
- Digital workplace with possibility to work in a central office location in Barcelona, near Sagrada Familia
- Global and dynamic employee base (more than 20 nationalities)
- 30 working days of vacation
It is the policy of Clarivate to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Clarivate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita www.linkedin.com.