Data Scientist, Product
Acerca del empleo
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
As a Data Scientist at Facebook, you will shape the future of people-facing and business-facing products we build across our entire family of applications (Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, WhatsApp, Oculus). By applying your technical skills, analytical mindset, and product intuition to one of the richest data sets in the world, you will help define the experiences we build for billions of people and hundreds of millions of businesses around the world. You will collaborate on a wide array of product and business problems with a diverse set of cross-functional partners across Product, Engineering, Research, Data Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Finance and others. You will use data and analysis to identify and solve product development’s biggest challenges. You will influence product strategy and investment decisions with data, be focused on impact, and collaborate with other teams. By joining Facebook, you will become part of a world-class analytics community dedicated to skill development and career growth in analytics and beyond.
Product leadership: You will use data to shape product development, quantify new opportunities, identify upcoming challenges, and ensure the products we build bring value to people, businesses, and Facebook. You will help your partner teams prioritize what to build, set goals, and understand their product’s ecosystem.
Analytics: You will guide teams using data and insights. You will focus on developing hypotheses and employ a diverse toolkit of rigorous analytical approaches, different methodologies, frameworks, and technical approaches to test them.
Communication and influence: You won’t simply present data, but tell data-driven stories. You will convince and influence your partners using clear insights and recommendations. You will build credibility through structure and clarity, and be a trusted strategic partner.
- Work with large and complex data sets to solve a wide array of challenging problems using different analytical and statistical https://www
- .linkedin.com/redir/general-malware-page?url=approaches%2eWork with large and complex data sets to solve a wide array of challenging probl
- ems using different analytical and statistical approaches.Identify and measure success of product efforts through goal setting, forecasting, a
- nd monitoring of key product metrics to understand trends.Define, understand, and test opportunities and levers to improve the product, and
- drive roadmaps through your insights and recommendations.Partner with Product, Engineering, and cross-functional teams to inform, influence, support, and execute product strategy and investment decisions. Minimum Qualification A Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS)A minimum of 2 years of wor
- k experience in analytics (minimum of 1 year with a Ph.D.)Experience with data querying languages (e.g. SQL), scripting languages (e.g.Python), and/or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R) Preferred Qualification Masters or Ph.D. Degree in a quantitative field.
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita www.linkedin.com.