Data Scientist (Predictive Modelling) – Insurance Company
Acerca del empleo
- Data Scientist (Predictive Modelling) – Insurance Company
- Multinational Insurance Company (Remote Work)
About Our Client
Multinational Insurance Company: The role will provide highly technical analytical assessments of business issues to a mixture of technical and non-technical audiences across the organisation to enable data-driven strategic decision-making.
- Collaborate with business partners and other team members to develop appropriate statistical approaches and tools that will drive strategic decision making.
- Develop and implement new and/or alternative modelling methodologies and analytical solutions to complex problems central to our business.
- Perform highly complex, technical, and creative predictive analytics projects for use by a variety of business operations and/or functional groups (e.g. Distribution, Marketing, Claims etc.).
- Understand the competitive marketplace, business issues and data challenges in the country markets to deliver actionable insights, recommendations and business processes.
- Contribute to multiple moderate-to-highly complex projects including gathering business requirements, adhering to project timelines, and communicating project status and deliverables with customers and management.
- Maintain and improve previously developed models, utilising the model development life cycle.
- Identify and present findings, share actionable insights, and make recommendations that impact profitability, growth and/or customer satisfaction.
- Effectively communicate results in written, oral and presentation formats to management and senior leaders.
- Provide support and learning opportunities to lesser-experienced data scientists within the team.
The Successful Applicant
- Master’s/PhD degree in Mathematics, Computing, Statistics or another quantitative field
- For non-Master’s degree candidates, Bachelor’s Degree (minimum 2.1) and proven applied business / non-academic experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an analytical role
- Experience with statistical techniques including generalized linear models, survival models, random forests, neural networks, clustering, and Bayesian approaches to data analysis.
- Identification of relevant statistical techniques for addressing various problems.
- Strong technical background; proficient with one language for predictive modelling and data analysis, such as R, Python or SAS.
- Ability to identify and communicate limitations of tools and methods
- Experience with large analysis datasets, methodologies, and Enterprise-scale database systems.
- Advanced analytical/problem solving and research skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to clearly and effectively communicate technical results to a non-technical business audience.
- Proficient in predictive analytics including real-world experience in model development, validation, implementation, and testing.
- Knowledge of insurance principles, underwriting and ratemaking concepts and the various functions of an insurance organization, including Finance, Underwriting, Sales and Claims desirable.
- Ability to perform high-level work both independently and collaboratively as a project team member
- Effective communicator with the ability to generate and present insights in a way that can be clearly understood by both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Able to plan own work to meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt to evolving techniques and changing business challenges
- Actively utilise data quality and data preparation best practices (documentation, GIT versioning, etc)
- Ability to find creative solutions to problems
- Highly motivated to deliver consistent high performance
- Good interpersonal skills, works closely with other individuals / teams to achieve goals.
- Seeks to maximise the benefits of a team focussed organisation and supports collaboration
- Able to collect, analyse and challenge technical information
- Distils complex quantitative and qualitative information into key facts and makes well-reasoned recommendations to management/team members
- Spanish or Portuguese language skills or an interest in learning
- Flexibility to travel as required
What’s On Offer
- A secure work environment because your health, safety and wellbeing is always our top priority.
- Flexible work schedule and 100% Home-office options, so that you can balance your working life and private life.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- A collaborative, trustful and innovative work environment.
- Being part of an international team and work in global projects.
Contact: Edurne Aguirre Zubiaurre
Quote job ref: JN-082021-3564167
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita www.linkedin.com.