Data Scientist Intern (Madrid)
Acerca del empleo
Starting date June/July 2021
You’ll move the world forward. Every day, we create the most innovative mapping and location technologies to shape tomorrow’s mobility for the better.
We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
What You’ll Do
- You will help us collect large amounts of unruly (spatial) data and transform it into a more usable format;
- You will solve business-related problems using data-driven techniques;
- You will help us to stay on top of analytical techniques such as machine learning, deep learning and text analytics;
- You will identify patterns in data, as well as spotting trends that can help improving the business’s bottom line;
- You will communicate and collaborate with both Software Engineering and with the Maps Operations Team globally.
What You’ll Need
- You are enrolled in a Master’s degree in data science, Big Data or any other related field;
- You are either an EU citizen OR are enrolled in a Spanish university;
- You are fluent in English;
- You have programming experience with Python, R and SQL;
- You have experience in creating statistical and predictive models using machine learning;
- You have experience with data visualization (storytelling) (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI);
- Being familiar with Microsoft cloud computing (Azure & Databricks) or any other cloud experience is a plus!
What You Can Expect From Us
- You will never get bored! A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no sense coming to a job every day if you don’t like the people you work with.
- A diverse, multi-cultural environment;
- You will be part of an amazing team of data scientists, always eager to help you learn and grow!
- 500 Euros/month (gross salary based on full-time work);
- A 6 months internship contract;
- Live and work in Madrid, a cool city with loads of inspiration!
Meet your team
We’re Maps, a product unit within TomTom’s Location Technology Products technical unit. Our team is comprised of over 2,000 people in 40 countries – all driven to deliver the most up-to-date, accurate and detailed maps for the hundreds of millions of people using TomTom maps around the world. Joining our team, you’ll help continuously innovate our map-making processes, create a real-time closed loop between detected changes in the real world and the users’ map, and build maps that will enable the future of autonomous driving.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – driven to make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple, since life is complex enough; and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through your onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.
Ready to move the world forward?
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita www.linkedin.com.