Have you always wanted to unite your passion for learning with your skills as a Data Scientist? Do you want to work with an incredible team that is making an impact on learning around the world? Then we can’t wait to meet you!
We’re looking for a highly motivated and driven Data Scientist passionate about data, automation, statistical models, technology, innovation, and education, who loves to work in a collaborative environment to join the team at Edpuzzle, a leading edtech company with offices in San Francisco and Barcelona.
As a Data Scientist, you will be proud of our data being always fresh, available, and of top quality. You will get to play in the front row next to the Data Team members. Edpuzzle has a culture of data-driven decision-making and demands data that is timely, accurate, and actionable.
If you’re looking for a meaningful role on a small team, you’ll feel right at home with us. In joining us, your work will have an immediate influence on the shape of data consumed by teams across Edpuzzle. You’ll also have a front-row seat at one of the fastest-growing companies in educational technology, trusted by over 80% of schools in the USA and millions of teachers and students across the globe. In the process, you’ll be challenged daily, learn constantly, see the impact of your opinions and work, and grow as a data scientist.
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes.
- Extract and query data from our data lake and data warehouse Undertake the preprocess of structured and unstructured data.
- Create scripts for optimizing keyword structures.
- Ensure data quality and integrity Continuously generate data-driven hypotheses and advocate on testing best practices, contributing to accelerating our testing cycles.
- Design, implement and maintain a solid data lake and data warehouse that collects, stores, and processes data, focusing on scalability and reliability.
- Analyze large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns, interpret and analyze data problems.
- Combine models through ensemble modeling.
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges.
- Collaborate with the Data Team members as well as the Engineering and Product development teams.
- Build analytic systems and predictive models.
- Derive insights from our customer’s behaviors & journeys to facilitate activities for acquisition, engagement and retention.
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or similar role for at least 2 years.
- Experience in data mining.
- Knowledge of data management and visualization techniques.
- Knowledge of R and/or Python; familiarity with JS.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience working with AWS.
- Analytical mind and strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra).
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred; BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field.
- The opportunity to work in education at Edpuzzle excites you.
- You make all your technology decisions with the final user in mind.
- You love learning and mastering technologies.
- You can work independently and manage goals and deadlines effectively.
- You have an excellent ability to communicate your ideas, regardless of the audience.
- You must have Spanish or EU working papers.
- You live in or near Barcelona or are willing to relocate.
Bonus Skills – Experience With
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop).
- Competitive salary (32 – 43K) and equity and a substantial yearly salary review.
- A fun, friendly team of highly motivated people with different skill sets and backgrounds.
- MacBook Pro and double monitor setup.
- Brand new office in Barcelona with a chill-out room and a terrace.
- Monthly team activities during working hours.
- Flexible working hours and Friday reduced working time.
- Flexible remuneration for transport, health insurance, restaurants, and childcare.
- 23 vacation days, plus 24th and 31st December, and April 23.
- Free coffee, snacks, and drinks.
Edpuzzle is an equal opportunity employer, and we highly value diversity at our company. If you’d like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita www.linkedin.com.