Acerca del empleo
You’ll move the world forward. Every day, we create the most innovative mapping and location technologies to shape tomorrow’s mobility for the better.
We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens, and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
We are looking for an enthusiastic professional to join our Maps Analytics team in Madrid! You will drive our map development strategy with the insights you generate, analyzing and transforming data to help us upgrade our maps for our end-customers!
As a Data Scientist, you are passionate about artificial intelligence, statistical analysis, and analytic methods, deploying machine learning models @ scale in the production, monitoring and tuning them via active feedback loops. You will be part of agile unit and will be collaborating with engineers, data engineers, map and location experts and fellow data scientists.
We look for people who are curious, innovative, out of the box thinker, loves taking risk and work to make system better every day.
What You’ll Do
- Help to make location content best-in-class by advocating for and implementing changes to technology, process, tools, and systems.
- Draw our strategy based on insights obtained by manipulating data from a huge variety of sources system logs, satellite imagery, vertical imagery, street level imagery, GPS traces, etc. individually and by fusing several combinations of these sources
- Use these sources individually or their combinations to predict various map features and attributes by training statistical models/ ML / AI models
- State the quality level of our maps via statistical experiments that help us understand where we are and why, and deliver effective insights that help drive our map editing strategy
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Collaborate with teams to bring synergy, with tools a communications channels that ensure transparency and knowledge sharing cross the company
- Dedicate part of your weekly schedule on research and development to acquire new skills, run your own experiments, …
- Work in a mostly-remote and flexible way that will allow you find the perfect work-life balance
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s/Masters/PHD in Computer science, Mathematics, Statistics, or equivalent field
- Minimum 2-3 Years of experience working as a Data Scientist in deploying ML at scale in production
- Your soft skills
- Good communications skills in English
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills, good at data storytelling
- A drive to learn new technologies
- Your hard skills
- Experience in slicing and dicing of large data sets to draw insights
- Fair statistical knowledge and expertise in designing and testing experiments
- Experience in various ML / AI techniques and frameworks
- Experience working with Big Data technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Presto, S3).
As a plus
- Experience in deploying trained models for high scalability on public cloud platforms (AWS/Azure) using Dockers/Kubernetes
- Active participation in competitions on a platform such as Kaggle
- Knowledge and experience with using GIS tools for spatial data analysis.
- Knowledge and experience on Webscrapping (e.g., scrapy, selenium)
- Reporting and dashboarding tools PowerBI, Tableau, R Shiny, Dash, …
- Strong level of proficiency in Python, Unix/Linux, and SQL
Meet your team MAPS Product Unit
Part of TomTom’s Location Technology Products technical unit, the Maps product unit is comprised of over 2,000 people in 40 countries – all driven to deliver the most up-to-date, accurate and detailed maps for the hundreds of millions of people using TomTom maps around the world. Joining this product unit, you can help continuously innovate our map-making processes, create a real-time closed loop between detected changes in the real world and the users’ map, and build maps that will enable the future of autonomous driving.
Within Maps product unit, the Maps Analytics team is focused on creating efficient ways to state our map quality and drive insights to the map production teams that help the company evolve in a smart way.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – it’s how we make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple because life is complex enough; and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely, and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments, conversations, and interviews through your onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.
Ready to move the world forward?
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita www.linkedin.com.