Zurich Insurance Company Ltd
Acerca del empleo
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity as Data Scientist in Internal Audit?
In Zurich Group Audit you will be part of a professional Internal Audit department rated as one of the top 10% in our peer group.
To complete our team, we are looking for talent with a positive can-do attitude who is passionate to add value and gain experience in working for a multinational company.
Group Audit is responsible for performing audits over the whole of Zurich’s operations globally. We are looking for a Data Scientist in EMEA to join our audit hub in Barcelona being part of our global Internal Audit organization. You will contribute to the Group Audit global team in terms of professional skills, technical knowledge, energy and motivation.
Our mandate is to provide independent and objective assurance to the Zurich Boards of Directors and Audit Committees as well as to the Group CEO and Senior Management. To deliver this mandate, Group Audit works as a fully virtually integrated team, with a one-global-team mindset across the 19 countries where our teams are located. Our working practices follow the principles of Trust, Equality and Inclusiveness, Outcomes and Personal growth. We promote and support innovation from within and idea generation across our teams. Our ultimate ambition is to provide inspiring assurance in whatever form and whatever time our stakeholders need it by operating as a passionate, united, innovative and high-performing team.
You will play a key role in implementing our data science and analytics strategy and embed our data science function in our Group Internal Audit lifecycle. You will implement tools and strategies to translate raw data into valuable business insights to help Group Audit to enhance the focus of the Group Audit Annual Audit Plan and shape the individual audits around the identified risks, as well support data analytics approach on individual audits in various countries.
As part of your work you will participate in global audits and Group Audit wide initiatives and interact with leaders and team members from other countries.
This is a great opportunity to progress your career within a global business and deliver an exceptional service to internal stakeholders.
As a Data Scientist, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Deliver data analytics and science strategy and projects on data ingestion, validation, mining, engineering work streams, modeling, visualization, and communication of deliverables.
- Manage resources and deliverables to meet agreed outcomes and timeliness on the Global Themed audits and the Global Maturity Assessments and any defined global tasks.
- Support synthesizing distinctive analytical and risk insights into compelling ideas and messages communicated to both internal and external stakeholders, in collaboration with Audit Teams and Audit Functional Leads.
- Test and validate hypotheses to generate distinctive analytical and risk insights that can deliver improved Annual Audit Plan and actionable business insights and audit exceptions across the Audit lifecycle.
- Guide and support auditors to perform analytics works on multiple key business processes.
- Assess, capture, and translate complex business and data requirements from a broad range of sources and functions into a structured analytics use case and testing audit hypothesis.
- Scan a broad spectrum of internal/external, structured/unstructured data sources to define the optimal data set for testing the hypotheses.
- Partner and collaborate across the organization to connect data sources to build the data set, including assurance functions.
- Support preparation of internal/external, structured/unstructured data sets to troubleshoot data-related problems and authorize maintenance or modifications of data in RADAR to discover ways of enhancing them (new technologies, new techniques, upgrades etc.).
- Utilize a hypothesis-driven problem-solving approach to design, construct, and rapidly test/iterate exploratory analyses that will reveal insight and opportunities for Group Audit.
- Create robust documentation of solutions and underlying design decisions and operating procedures.
- Fostering the daily use of data systems and implement efficient and secure procedures for data handling in adherence to legal and company standards.
- Support in design of Group Audit data architecture and demand side governance model, alignment of data dictionary across Group Audit systems, advance digitalisation of Group Audit.
- Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy and legitimacy of data, and where possible automation.
- Provide training support as directed by the Data Scientist Lead for the Data Science Specialists and Group Audit Community and actively contribute to the Global Competency network for data science.
- Manage the SLA and relationship with EDAA operated platforms (Dataiku, Spotfire, WPS).
Your Skills And Experience
- BSc/BA in Math, Statistics, Data Management, Econometric, Computer Science or related quantitative field from an accredited college or university.
- Job holder should have 6+ years’ experience in digital analytics/statistics, econometrics, decision science projects, or related activities.
- Knowledge of Internal Audit processes and Insurance industry experience is a plus.
- Organization, analytical mindset and problem-solving skills.
- Exhibits high professional and ethical behavior.
- Good communications skills, with good verbal and written English with ability to explain technical concepts. and analytics-driven findings to business stakeholders.
- Ability to work customer focused, collaborative, flexible, persistent and results-oriented.
- Ability to work without close supervision and to take decisions autonomously, subject to verification.
- Cope with varying workloads, pressures, and priorities.
- Proficiency with sophisticated analytics tools and programming languages (e.g., SAS, SPSS, R, Python, SQL). and visualization platforms such as Tableau, Qlikview, PowerBI, IDEA, ACL, SPOTFIRE etc.
As well as a competitive salary and a yearly bonus we offer benefits package which includes:
- Wide range of internal and external trainings.
- Ticket restaurant.
- Option to work remotely up to 50% of time weekly.
- Pension Plan – after 1 year in the company.
- Life Insurance.
- Exclusive Employees discounts.
- Free English and Spanish classes depending on the needs.
Primary work location is Barcelona. You can apply by clicking on the button “Apply online”.
Who We Are
Looking for a challenging and inspiring work environment where you can make a difference? At Zurich millions of individuals and businesses place their trust in our products and services every day. Our 53,000 employees worldwide form the basis of our success, enabling, businesses and communities to face a world of risk with confidence. Imagine if you could help people do this all over the world. You’d give them confidence and reassurance by protecting what they love most. It’s a big challenge, but you will be supported by a world-class team who believe in helping you to reach your full potential and deliver on our promises.
So be challenged. Be inspired. Help us make a difference.
At Zurich we are an equal opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita www.linkedin.com.