Acerca del empleo
At Wallapop we are on a quest to help people with a collaborative economy and to make the world more sustainable by extending the life of products.
Wallapop was founded in 2013. We are the marketplace for second-hand goods in Spain. With more than 8 million searches per day and over 15 million active users each month across Spain with a catalogue of several hundreds of millions of products, we exist to empower people to promote a more conscious and human way of consumption. We achieve this by bringing together the scale and simplicity of classifieds with the convenience and the reach of the marketplace to create the world’s best unique goods trading platform.
Wallapop takes pride in having an open culture, where every opinion matters and everybody contributes in many different ways; through different internal cross-functional clubs aligning with people’s passions and interests.
We count 26 nationalities within our employee base and we operate in 2 languages: Spanish and English – this makes us pretty fun and special. While in most cases we are not attached to one language or the other, we encourage talent to embrace both languages and be able to operate outside their comfort zone. To ensure success we facilitate group and individual Spanish and English classes as part of our working day.
Our company values are:
We are One Team: Communicative, trusting and inclusive
We Dream & Deliver: Creative, impactful, pragmatic
We Aim for Simplicity: Intentional, uncomplicated, humble
We Learn & Grow: Constructive feedback, curiosity
We organize ourselves into topic teams and embrace agile practices.
As a Marketing Data Scientist, you will work closely with marketing and business teams to leverage the maximum value from data to empower marketing decisions.
You will be responsible to build innovative advanced analytics models with the goal of providing robust and scalable solutions to automate marketing functions (CRM, user acquisition, growth, segmentation…) and to characterize and anticipate the behaviour of our Wallapop users. The results you provide will be used to power data-driven decision-making related to how, where and when we invest our marketing budget.
You will be part of a growing Analytics team (15+) reporting to the Marketing Analytics Manager.
What You Will Do
- Work closely with the marketing team and stakeholders to identify and answer business problems/questions using appropriate modeling techniques on the available data.
- Develop machine learning/statistical models to predict user behaviour & new customer acquisition based on large datasets.
- Provide advanced analyses of customer data within a CRM framework. Devise data solutions/products to boost campaign performance together with the CRM team.
- Design algorithms to explore customer behavior and provide forecasting methods such as propensity models, lifecycle projection, LTV estimation, attribution models…
- Develop and implement frameworks and processes to make your analyses and algorithms easily replicable, scalable and automated.
What We’re Looking For
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Physics, Statistics or related quantitative field.
- 2-5 years working experience as a Data Scientist, preferably in a digital company.
- Strong mathematics and statistical knowledge and ability to obtain insights from data.
- Strong coding skills (Python and/or R is required), to be capable of developing both quick, ad-hoc models and robust long term modelization projects.
- Ability to write complex SQL queries to analyse our massive databases with millions of Wallapop users.
- Experience in predictive modelling, ideally within a marketing environment.
- Experience with statistical modelling/applied machine learning with a focus on revenue growth, marketing and business development, such as lead generation, LTV prediction, user segmentation, churn prediction, propensity models, customer behavioural clustering, cohort analysis,…
- Strong communication and presentation skills to both experts and general audiences.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, willingness to improve and tenacity to thrive in a constantly changing environment.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
What Would Be A Plus
- Data Science experience with a marketing analytics focus.
- Experience building and interpreting complex econometric models or marketing mix models.
- Experience with A/B testing, statistical significance and power calculation.Knowledge of the digital marketing & advertising technology ecosystem.
- Experience with AWS Big Data stack (Redshift, S3, etc).
- Experience with BI visualization tools like Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, etc.
Wallapop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Our hiring process:
* PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE CURRENT COVID19 SITUATION ALL INTERVIEWS TAKE PLACE REMOTELY OVER HANGOUTS*
Intro Call – ran by talent acquisition. It will take 30-45 minutes and will focus on giving you more information about the role and the company as well as going over your experience and expectations.
Take-home test – you will be assigned a test that consists of an online coding challenge + a practical case to solve in order to assess your technical skills required for the role, you will have 5 up to 7 days to complete both parts.
Practical interview – ran by the hiring team and relevant stakeholders across other functions. The focus will be on assessing your ability to apply your skillset to the wallapop context.
Competency Interview – ran by talent acquisition and hiring manager. We will focus on gaining insights and understanding of how you operate in the workplace and your fit to our values. This usually takes 45 min to 1 hour.
Offer – should you be the right candidate, your offer will be discussed over a call with talent acquisition and will then be confirmed in writing.
As well as the opportunity to contribute to a very unique product set up and a meaningful mission, we offer the following Perks & Benefits:
- A dynamic and flexible company culture that truly lives their values and feels identified with their purpose to contribute to making this world a better place.
- A very international team and 2 official working languages (English & Spanish) there is never a dull day in our team!
- Brand-new, modern and inspirational office space with stunning views and a sunny terrace. All built with sustainable and recyclable materials! ***
- TOP hardware of your choice (apple or windows)
- Flexible working hours + intensive Fridays
- Generous individual learning budget + our very own Wallalibrary
- English & Spanish lessons
- Private Health Insurance
- Flexible remuneration to deduct from gross salary (kindergarten/food/transport check)
- TeamBuilding activities and Merchandising
- Virtual sports classes + Gym discount
- Extended newborn leave
- Bonus for weddings & newborns
- Referral Program & Charity Donation
- Wallarenta (Tax income support)
- Monthly plan for free shipping, bumps & home-pick-up on our services
- Surprise gifts when celebrating birthdays
- Wallanniversary loyalty program
- Walla from Home
- As we are currently all working from home for the foreseeable future, Wallapop contributes 30EUR towards your wifi monthly as part of your salary
- One-off payment based on compensation package to go towards setting up your wallahome office
- Relocation package (monetary support and legal advice), if applicable
***Due to the COVID-19 sanitary crisis, we are currently working remotely until further notice. However, parts of our offices are still open to offer a voluntary co-working space as an alternative.
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita www.linkedin.com.