We are proud to be one team of more than 5,000 unique, curious, passionate problem-solvers spread across the world. We bring out the best in each other. And together, we help the automotive industry, businesses, developers, drivers, citizens and cities move towards a safe, autonomous world that is free of congestion and emissions.
What You’ll Do
- Collecting large amounts of unruly (spatial) data and transforming it into a more usable format.
- Solve business-related problems using data-driven techniques
- Working with a variety of programming languages, including SAS, R and Python
- Staying on top of analytical techniques such as machine learning, deep learning and text analytics.
- Identify patterns in data, as well as spotting trends that can help improving the business’s bottom line
- Communicating and collaborating with both Software Engineering and with the Maps Operations Team globally
- Share and present your data analysis insights to key decision maker to enable them to achieve company strategy
What You’ll Need
- University Degree in computer science, Mathematics, Statistic or similar.
- 5+ year experience as Data Scientist
- Familiar with Microsoft cloud computing Azure
- Experience with Databricks & Apache Spark
- Programming experience with Python, R and SQL
- Experience in creating statistical models
- Big Data analysis expertise
- Experience creating Mathematical models, algorithms, prediction models using Machine Learning.
- Great experience with data visualization (storytelling) (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI)
- Fluent English
Nice to have
- Experience with Scala & PySparks
- Previous Experience with Spatial Data
Meet your team
We’re Maps, a product unit within TomTom’s Location Technology Products technical unit. Our team is comprised of over 2,000 people in 40 countries – all driven to deliver the most up-to-date, accurate and detailed maps for the hundreds of millions of people using TomTom maps around the world. Joining our team, you’ll help continuously innovate our map-making processes, create a real-time closed loop between detected changes in the real world and the users’ map, and build maps that will enable the future of autonomous driving.
We are self-starters who play well with others. Every day, we solve new problems with creativity, meet new people and learn rapidly at our offices around the world. We will invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you. In everything we do, we’re guided by six values We care, putting our heart into what we do; we build trust (you can count on us); we create – driven to make a difference; we are confident, but don’t boast; we keep it simple, since life is complex enough; and we have fun because life’s too short to be boring.
After you apply
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a meaningful experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through your onboarding.
TomTom is an equal opportunity employer
We celebrate diversity, thrive on each other’s differences and are committed to creating an inclusive environment at our offices around the world. Naturally, we do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, national origin, genetics, or age.
Ready to move the world forward?
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita www.linkedin.com.