Zurich Insurance Company Ltd
As a Senior Data Scientist, the selected candidate will be involved in the analytic processes of one of the leading insurance companies. Provide support to different lines of the business: Household, Motor, Commercial, Health, Life, Accidents and Small and Medium Business. At the same time, you will be part of a highly experienced analytical team which, based on big data analysis, advice to the most important areas and business processes.
Under supervision, you will develop analytical solutions to get insights from data and support for strategically decisions of new/renewal business:
- Development and improvement of predictive modeling tools according to the market best practices like: Reverse engineering from market information, Elasticity models for renewals and discount models including new variables
- Development of Machine Learning techniques as supervised and unsupervised methods. Detect business needs where this approaches can be applied.
- Develop analytical dashboards to assist in the monitoring of portfolio performance.
- Coordinate, prepare and perform analyses including trend analyses, and analyses of loss and expense reserves, as it relates to business benefits and strategic direction.
- Transform and clean data to provide consultation and technical expertise on actuarial models and risk issues.
- Drive the design, testing and maintenance of models and tools.
Additional Job Functions
- Analyze data and undertake complex modeling to quantify risk and support business decision making. Perform more complex analyses as assigned.
- Expertise utilizing Python, R, SAS, SQL or other statistical programming languages.
- Development and monitoring of Tariff structures as well as retention and conversion modelling to improve business performance.
- Development of machine learning models and identify most suited metrics to evaluate them depending the problem.
- Propose and be involved in analytical projects.
- Provide professional actuarial support and advice to actuarial business partners including insights into underlying performance and implications for the business.
- Manage the flow and quality of relevant data to ensure robust output.
- Ensure that processes and standards are consistent with internal Zurich actuarial policies and guidance and, where relevant, compliant with regulations; lead the implementation of systems and process improvements in own area.
- Best actuarial practice and review/analyze current practice area to support senior management in developing and improving processes and systems.
Required Skills And Experience
As a Senior Data Scientist your skills and qualifications should include:
- More than 4 years of experience in big data, analytics, pricing, modeling or similar.
- Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Engineering, Actuarial Sciences or related field with specialization in data analytics.
- Master’s degree in Data Scientist is a plus.
- Programming language experience in SAS, R, Python, SQL, PowerBI (Data Flow Azure)
- Enthusiasm for applying Machine Learning to real-world problems.
- English (Advanced Level).
- Interest in analytical tools and into develop new approaches.
As well as a competitive salary, we offer an excellent lifestyle benefits package which includes:
- Flexible Compensation
- Meal allowance tickets
- Flexwork: 20 hours per week of home-office.
- Pension Plan – after 1 year in the company.
- Life Insurance
- Insurance and Banking offer.
- Gym Discounts
- Zurich Wellness, sports activities at noon (yoga, pilates and jogging).
- Free English lessons
The workplace will be in our offices in Barcelona.
Who We Are
The Joint Venture between Banc Sabadell and Zurich is a business agreement that exists between these two companies since 2008 in regard to the management of the Bank-Assurance business. This business is managed through 3 companies: BanSabadell Vida, BanSabadell Pensiones and BanSabadell Seguros Generales. The current staff of the Joint Venture is 280 employees.
We are already on our way and we are changing the way we do insurance. In order to do so we need people with talent, willing to learn and a lot of passion! Want to Join Us?
“ZURICH, 13 CONSECUTIVE YEARS AS TOP EMPLOYER.”
Zurich Insurance has the policy to be an equal opportunity employer. We aim to attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to criteria such as race/ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita www.linkedin.com.