Zurich Insurance Company Ltd
Acerca del empleo
You will join the Data Science and Advanced Analytics (DSAA) Team, part of Enterprise Data Analytics & Architecture (EDAA) within Group Operations (GO). The DSAA team consists of data scientists who are passionate about the solutions that we build and the impact that we have in transforming and enabling Zurich as a data-driven organization. Our team is responsible for delivering cutting edge data science solutions, services and environments to internal customers; Business Units and Group Functions alike, giving you the opportunity to have a global impact.
In the role of Data Scientist, you will join a dynamic and agile team providing services, including designing, developing and maintaining systems in support of data science and advanced analytics processes.
As a Senior Data Scientist your main responsibilities will involve
- Analytical acumen: Designing, developing, testing and maintaining applications for data science & advanced analytics processes; including applied data science techniques; Deep/Machine Learning, NLP (text or voice) and Computer Vision
- Critical thinking and problem-solving: You leverage data to develop predictive models and algorithms and work with business stakeholders to craft and defend actionable solutions to real-world business challenges
- Communicating: You have strong written; verbal and presentation communication skills and you excel at telling stories with data to audiences of all types
- Being self-driven: You show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data. You push yourself to exceed goals by recognizing what needs to be done, identifying an approach, communicating and prioritizing accordingly. You are results and solution oriented.
- Technical acumen: You are comfortable working in and have an advanced knowledge & high degree of competence with a range of programming languages (you should eat and sleep Python; R / SQL are nice to have too) / technologies combined with a desire and aptitude to broaden that experience. You also are comfortable with Agile & DevOps practices.
- Teamwork: You are ready to become a key part of an agile, fast-paced, collaborative and production-oriented team.
Your Skills And Experience
As a Senior Data Scientist your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- University level education, e.g. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Engineering Discipline
- Desired: PhD or Master’s degree (or equivalent) in a relevant technical field such as computer science, statistics, machine learning or mathematics.
- 5 years relevant industry experience as an applied Data Scientist or Data Engineer in an advanced analytics / data science environment
- Preferred: Insurance knowledge and experience.
- Extensive experience applying advance analytics / machine learning to design, develop, implement and deploy data-driven products
- Proven track record of programming skills:
- Required: Python, R, SQL
- Desired: Scala, Spark
- Experience with Agile methodologies & DevOps practices
- Experience working in cloud environments is a plus, especially Azure
- Ability to work effectively in a global organization, even when under time pressure
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
Primary work location is Barcelona. This position might require occasional travelling. You can apply by clicking on the button “Apply online”
Who We Are
At Zurich we highly value the experience and know-how of our employees. The responsibility for your professional development lies in your hands and we support your need for progression and change by offering a wide range of opportunities across all business areas.
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita www.linkedin.com.