Acerca del empleo
We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Hispanic America and Africa. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day. We currently deliver over +100M annual orders and operate in 22 countries, and in over +300 cities.
Our vision and ambition are not only to make everything immediately available in your city but it is also to offer our employees the job of their lives. A job where you’ll be challenged and have the most fun working in through tech-enabled experiences.
Your Work-life Opportunity
Glovo is looking for world-class Operations Research Data Scientists to work in our Barcelona office. Are you passionate, proactive, data-driven and hands-on? Do you want to evolve in one of the fastest growing startups of Barcelona, building a product that will change people’s day-to-day lives and disrupt the on-demand market?
You will be part of a the Q-Commerce team responsible for improving time efficiency and user experience for our couriers, partners and customers. The teams leverage machine learning, combinatorial mathematics, and operations research techniques to build best-in-class services and products.
Be a Part Of a Team Where You Will
- Develop, prototype, and productionize optimization algorithms by using state-of-the-art techniques.
- Design experiments and interpret the results to draw detailed and actionable conclusions
- Generate and execute on ideas for product discovery to shape future projects and provide recommendations for actions.
- Build robust and reliable processes for systems and algorithm fine tuning.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across disciplines such as product, engineering, operations, marketing amongst others; to identify use cases for optimisation application.
- Create dashboards and reports to regularly communicate results and monitor key metrics.
- At least 2+ years research and development experience in industry or academia. Holds at least an MSc, and preferably a PhD in a scientific discipline such as Operations Research, Physics, Computer Science or Mathematics.
- Deep theoretical and applied knowledge in mathematical optimisation and experience in discrete events and agent-based simulation.
- Experience on designing and implementing mathematical models and/or metaheuristics for large scale problems in logistics or supply chain (experience solving VRPs is preferred).
- Ability to rapid prototyping of optimisation algorithms in any of the following languages: Python, C/C++, Java.
- Ability to analyzing and working with large quantities of data, using analytical tools such as: Python, SQL
- Experience with optimization/simulation software and libraries (e.g. Xpress, Gurobi, CPLEX, pulp, ortools, SIMIO, Arena, SimPy, etc.).
- Demonstrable experience at productionising ideas; from conception to deployment
- Strong presentation skills in communicating with experts and novices
- Fluent spoken and written English
Experience Our Glovo Life Benefits
- Enticing Phantom Shares plan
- Attractive Relocation package (if applicable ;))
- Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
- Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food
- Free monthly Glovo credits to spend on our restaurant products (and zero Glovo delivery fee on all Glovo orders!)
- Cool perks such as fresh fruit and healthy snacks every day, beers on Fridays, Culture Days every 2 months!
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Flexible working environment
What You’ll Find When Working At Glovo
- Gas: We work hard with energy and passion for what we do.
- Care: We act in the best interest of a sustainable future.
- Good vibes: We always see the positive side in every situation and act with fairness and honesty with everyone.
- Stay Humble: We embrace mistakes and feedback to learn from them.
- Glownership: We roll up our sleeves and get work done no matter our position and level.
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!
At Glovo we believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We know that the best ideas and solutions come by bringing together people from all over the world and by fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone feels heard and has the chance to make a real impact. It’s because of this that we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds.
Wanna take a peek into what it’s like to work at Glovo? Follow us on Instagram and like us on Facebook!
Glovo is transforming the way consumers access local goods, enabling anyone to get almost any product delivered in minutes. Our on-demand logistics connect customers with independent local couriers who acquire goods from any restaurant or store in a city, as well as deliver urgent packages for a variable fee. As of September 30, 2019, we’re currently present in more than 26 countries across Europe, Latin America, Africa, and Asia.
For additional information on Glovo, please visit https://glovoapp.com/ | Twitter: @Glovo_ES | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/glovoappES/ | LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/glovo-app/
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita www.linkedin.com.