Stuart is a leading last mile delivery platform that connects small and big businesses to a fleet of geolocalised couriers. We empower thousands of companies across Europe by providing same-day delivery, next-day delivery and return solutions. We work across verticals with retailers, grocery stores, restaurants and ecommerce merchants to enable smarter transportation models.
We are looking for an accomplished Director of Data Science to play an essential role in spearheading our ambition of building the best algorithms in the Logistics Industry 📦.
Stuart’s tech works in an agile and cross functional environment 🌎. To achieve your team’s goals you will then be required to build strong relationships and agreed ways of working with different stakeholders, both on the technical side (Engineering, Product Management, Analytics) and on the business side (Operations).
Aligned to this business focus, you will be nurturing a culture of innovation by developing best in class algorithmic solutions for the logistics industry and by continuing to attract, retain and grow top talent in the Data Science team.
The role will report directly to our Chief Data Officer, Daniele Garbarino.
Responsibilities for you and the team
You will be managing and growing a team of around 10 Data Scientists with the mandate of continuously increasing its impact on the business. To achieve this you will be focusing on streamlining the team’s processes from R&D to production and identifying new opportunities your team can add value to.
Typical projects include, but are not limited to:
- Evolution of our dispatch logic together with the platform, incorporating new business requirements
- Predictive statistics for forecasting of temporal and geo-spatial data
- Processing and modelling of large amounts of data to produce actionable intelligence, for example for fraud detection
- Streamlining of operations and processes through complex combinatorial optimisation methods or deep learning solutions
- Development of simulation and testing tools
- 2 + years of managerial experience building and leading mid to large sized data science teams within a fast growing organisation
- University degree (ideally PHD) in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or other quantitative sciences
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and Data Mining, Operational research
- Extensive experience with Data Science development tools, including Python, SQL (both required), Kafka and Scala.
- Fluent in English
- Flexibility to travel between Paris, London and Barcelona
- CDI contract starting ASAP
- Great compensation package
- Work-life balance – work from home and flexible hours
- Awesome brand new office in the 17th Arrondissement ( Ternes Metro stop)
- Ticket Restaurant by LunchR ( in value up to 13e with 60% paid by the company) and all the free drinks/snacks you can handle
- Wellness program (in value up to 40e) to use in any gym or sport class
- Private health care provided by Alan
- Free monthly travel card (zone 1 – 5) for non-remote workers
- Work in an international, dynamic and passionate environment with a company culture focused on learning and development
- Sports activities at the office (yoga, box, cardio training), monthly after-work events and much more
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita www.linkedin.com.