Talent Search People
Our client is a leading provider of economic analysis and forecasts for 131 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East and the Americas, as well as price forecasts for 34 key commodities. The company is supported by an extensive global network of analysts.
We are looking for a Statistician to help leverage the information available in the company’s’ vast repository of economic data, and help deliver even better products to their clients while making internal processes more efficient. He/she will report to the Head of Data Analysis and will be responsible for a number of important projects. The primary focus will be on applying data mining techniques, implementing API solutions and data scraping, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated into their products. In addition to this main role, he/she will provide technical and non-technical support to the rest of the Data Team in day-to-day activities related to the production cycle.
On your day to day, your main responsibilities will be;
– Build API solutions for clients as well as for internal processes
– API integration with SQL.
– Mining and analyzing internal and external data sources for newsworthy trends, insights and data points
– Improve data extraction from websites, PDFs, websites, databanks, etc.
– Development of Data Solutions in company database
– Help maintain code quality and organization
– Make vital improvements to the production process in our data platform to include but not limited to the following priorities:
– Debugging code (VBA, Python)
– Optimize workflows for panelist input and collection of historical data
– Create database-based validation tools
– Create and adjust algorithms for forecast adjustments, current and future
– Develop algorithms and methods to validate data.
– Work with Research Team to improve production processes on an ongoing basis
– New Product Development
– Ongoing Maintenance and Administration in Data Team
– Documentation of all technical processes both internal and external
– Respond to ongoing client queries in coordination
– Create and distribute flat files
– Joint ownership of data platform (SQL server)
You are the person we are looking for if you have;
– University degree in Statistics
– Previous work experience as a Data Scientist, Data Analyst or similar
– Knowledge in economics is a plus. Experience with economic indicators would be a strong asset.
1-2 years ofexperienceas a Data Scientist or Data Analyst (internships taken into consideration)
– Strong Python or R skills, with preference for Python
– Experience with object-oriented programming languages
– Solid experience in data scraping
– Intermediate VBA knowledge: ability to understand existing tools and improve them (array functions, external loops)
– Intermediate SQL knowledge: ability to read complex queries easily and reproduce them (stored procedures)
– Solid English, spoken and written
– Analytical mind and business acumen
– Problem-solving skills
– Solid communication skills
– Self-driven and detail oriented with strong commitment to deadlines
– You will have a permanent contact, working full time remote at the current moment.
– You will receive all the required equipment
– You will have great possibilities of growth within the company.
– You will work for a dynamic company located in the city center of Barcelona.
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita www.linkedin.com.