RavenPack is the leading big data analytics provider for financial services. Financial professionals rely on RavenPack for its speed and accuracy in analyzing large amounts of unstructured content. RavenPack’s products allow clients to enhance returns, reduce risk and increase efficiency by systematically incorporating the effects of public information in their models or workflows. Our clients include the most successful hedge funds, banks, and asset managers in the world!
We are looking for a full-time Data Engineer to join RavenPack’s Data Science team in Marbella (Spain). You will be participating in the maintenance and development of internal infrastructure as well as analyzing the content of the data. You will interact with peers across various lines of business and technical teams to support projects that will span big data analysis and product development among others. The ability to communicate effectively in English, both in writing and verbally is a must. Knowledge of Spanish is not a business requirement.
European Union’s legal working status is required.
- Bachelor´s or Master’s Degree required in Computer Science or other related fields.
- Proficiency and demonstrable skills in statistical software R and database language SQL.
- Experience working with AWS cloud services: S3, Athena, Aurora, Elasticsearch, Dynamodb, etc..
- Knowledge of financial data structures and market data
- Experience working with large data sets or noisy data is an advantage
- Experience with Time Series Analysis
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Analytical mind with a keen eye for detail
- Participate in the maintenance and development of the internal Infrastructure.
- Handle large data requests and efficiently utilize cloud resources for data requests.
- Process and analyze large datasets to evaluate them at different levels.
- Monitor analytics to detect unexpected patterns and potential miss behaviors.
- Participate in the development of new products shaping the future of the financial industry.
- Acquire sophisticated knowledge of Big Data applications across various asset classes and trading horizons
- Interact with fun and interesting colleagues across different departments in the organization.
What’s in it for you
- Flexibility on when to take a vacation, but remember you will be living in a dream place 365 days!
- Team of Superstars! We are proud to gather an international and diverse team of talented professionals (ex-Silicon Valley executives, Lispers and more)
- Motivational leadership: Here your job title doesn’t matter, we all sit together and work for the same goal. Grow together, you might even have the CEO sitting next to you!
- Competitive compensation, ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- International and dynamic environment (over 29 nationalities and 24 languages spoken!)
- Beach just in front of our office. If you need a break, cross the street and go for a walk!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita www.linkedin.com.