Acerca del empleo
Transcom is a rapidly expanding global customer experience specialist, with more than 50 service centers employing more than 30,000 people delivering services in 33 languages. The company provides CRM solutions to clients in a wide range of industry sectors including telecommunications and e-commerce, travel and tourism, retail, financial services, and utilities. Transcom offers clients a broad array of relationship management services including among others: inbound customer service, outbound telemarketing, debt collection, and credit management services, outsourcing of administrative tasks, contract automation, and legal services. Client programs are tailor-made and range from single applications to complex programs which are offered on a country-specific or international basis in up to 33 languages. More information can be found on www.transcom.com.
About the Job:
We are hiring data engineers who are passionate about building structured, high-quality data solutions. We work with some of the largest industry leaders, providing expert support in delivering better experiences for their customers. Intelligent and insightful data solutions will be used to evolve our products and services, to continuously improve our capabilities.
This role is based in our Development Hub in Zagreb, Croatia, or in the newly opened location in Malaga, Spain.
In Transcom, you will join the Global Business Intelligence team, a group of talented designers, efficient developers, and insightful product owners, to help make an impact in the fastest growing area of the company.
What you will be focused on:
- Taking ownership over the external-facing data pipelines that are integral to our success
- Optimizing our offerings for efficiency and reliability at scale
- Identifying areas of architectural improvement to remove the potential for human error
- Collaborating with product and engineering teams to create innovative solutions to challenging problems
- Building out a testing framework to ensure uptime and reliability of data pipelines
- Understanding the analytics data we collect from our systems and how it relates to the business value being produced.
While the Data Engineer will be technically supervised and mentored by the BI Technical Team Lead, the role requires that you are able to understand, document, design, implement and troubleshoot solutions related to the Transcom BI portfolio as independently as possible. As such, the Data Engineer must learn and have a complete overview of the technical set-up of the Transcom BI platform and connected applications, and must also be able to deliver development tasks autonomously, applying high standards of solution cleanliness.
- Degree in Computer Science or related fields,
- Fluency in English is a must (both written and spoken),
- SQL knowledge is a must, as well as other programming languages such as (Python, Java, etc),
- Experience in Cloud environments, especially Google Cloud Platform,
- Demonstrated experience with Apache Airflow and Apache Beam SDK is nice to have,
- Experience with serverless databases, such as Google BigQuery,
- Exposure to traditional ETL tools like SAP Data Services,
- REST API development experience,
- Extended experience with different relational and columnar databases,
- Experience with visualization tools (Business Objects, Looker, Tableau, others) is nice to have,
- Development practice following Agile methodology,
- Self-organized and responsible for task delivery, guaranteeing excellent quality, as well as delivery respecting deadlines,
- Superb problem-solving skills, with an analytical and data-driven mindset,
- Excellent communication skills and a team player attitude,
- Ability to work in a geographically and culturally diverse environment,
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure,
- Ability to travel abroad if required and occasional off-hours availability.
Who you are:
- You don’t like leaving questions unanswered and you love exploring/understanding data
- You have relevant experience in creating pipelines for large data sets
- You are familiar with ETL Tools, such as SAP Data Services
- You are passionate about crafting clean code and have a steady foundation in coding and building data pipelines (especially in Python)
- You love to be the bridge between engineering and analysis to have an impact on the product
- You are interested in optimizing workflows and maintaining backend systems
- You seek to participate in continuous improvement efforts such as software development, planning, estimating, developing, testing
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators.
This is something we value deeply, and we encourage everyone to be a part of the constantly evolving world of customer experience.
Sounds interesting? Please send us your CV in English!
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita www.linkedin.com.