Acerca del empleo
WHO WE ARE
Our mission is to open up access to key knowledge, tools, and inspiration to all that want to learn, wherever they may be in the world.”. We are a team of 200 “power-employees” headquartered in Madrid and are growing at >3X each year serving over 50’000 students at global level already. Check us out: www.thepowermba.com
WHAT WE BELIEVE IN
We believe in a revolution. We believe in a global community. We believe in real movement. WHY?
- Top business education doesn’t need to be expensive. Why should we have to spend tens of thousands of dollars on such fundamental and transformational knowledge? Student debt totals $1.7 trillion in the US alone… we think it’s time to fix this.
- Education needs to be Flexible and Convenient. It should adapt to your daily routine, not the other way around. Why should you have to leave your job or put your life on pause for two years?
- You should be learning from those who’ve been there, done that. Experience beats theory every time. Surely it makes sense, therefore, that your teachers have real-world, tangible experience rather than just cumulative hours in front of a chalkboard?
- Education needs to be efficient. Is it really necessary to spend hundreds (sometimes thousands) of hours in a classroom? It’s scientifically proven that your brain disconnects after a certain point. So, why not learn in small doses?
- Education needs to be up to date. The business world has changed more in the last 10 years than in the previous 40. Is everything you studied in your degree or MBA still applicable today?
- Business education doesn’t need to be regulated. An official certification doesn’t always mean quality – rather following an inflexible system, traditionally slow at adapting to our digital world.
- Knowing how to put theory into practice is what sets you apart. What’s the point of accumulating theoretical ideas for hours on end without even knowing how to apply them?
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
In the process of understanding more our students and improving their experience we are looking for a data engineer who can help us analyse all the students data and make decisions based on that data.
- To make a dashboard to understand this data
- To work side by side with the Customer Experience Chapter
- To help other teams on making students related decisions based on the data
- To define the most important KPI of the students platform
- To have one place where to access all the students data
- To make available for the students some of this data
- Typescript, NodeJs, ExpressJS, MongoDB
- AWS Lambda Functions, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, and other AWS services
- Github, CircleCI, Codacy
- Slack, GSuite, Google Apps
- Snowflake, Tableau, Salesforce
- Python, Pandas, Jupyter Notebook
- And tons of other fancy services to work with 🙂
- 2+ years of experience working on some programming related position
- 1+ years of experience working with data
- Experience working with Python and its data related packages like Pandas
- Solid knowledge of SQL and NoSQLdatabases, and its major differences
- Knowledge/experience with Tableau/PowerBI or any other BI tool
- Knowledge/experience with some data warehouse like Snowflake or AWS Redshift
- Skills: Strong attention to detail, quick learner, organized
- Nice to have
- Degree in Computer Science/Maths/Physics or similar
- Knowledge/experience with BigData tools like Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, Hive or HBase
- Worked with NodeJS in the backend
- AWS data related services knowledge
- Kafka or related system knowledge
- Great working environment and development opportunities
- Join a team that is changing the way education is understood
- Great impact in the future of a high-growth tech startup
- Excellent company culture and fun monthly activities
- 28 leave days (25 days + 24/12 + 31/12 + Birthday)
- Remote Friendly (1 or 2 days per week in office)
- Restaurant and transport tickets (powered by [Cobee](https://cobee.io))
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita www.linkedin.com.