We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
The Digital Venture Lab is where all our SGRE functions run alongside to support and to drive our common efforts and initiatives, fueling SGRE’s digital transformation. We focus on our people and business opportunities, driving a digital strategy that creates a true advantage leading us into the future of digital offerings and optimized operating models. The Digital Ventures Lab provides access to a unique ecosystem of digital natives, data sciences, developers, universities, startups, and other corporates & partners to accelerate the digital transformation of Siemens Gamesa.
How To Contribute To Our Vision
Successful candidates will have a demonstrable track record of being a self-starter and achieving their goals in the face of challenges, with a desire to enhance and improve the organization that you work for, and a passion for understanding how change initiatives can utilize bi-directional information exchange channels to target users and enhance their technology adoption, utilization and proficiency.
- Experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
What You Need To Make a Difference
Passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure cloud services
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with Reporting Tools like Power BI, Tableau etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Good verbal and written communication skill
- Team Player experienced working in agile environments
- Problem solving and decision-making – collaborating to identify, define and solve problems, which includes making decisions about the best course of action
- Strong conceptual strength, strategic thinking, problem solving, technical, and analytical skills.
- Ability to ask next level questions anticipating business inquiries and performing root cause analysis
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
In return of your commitment we offer you…
- Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come
- A global team of diverse colleagues who share passion for renewable energy
- Trust and empowerment to make your own ideas reality
- Personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization
- Flexible working hours as well as home-office
- Attractive remuneration package
- Local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is a global organisation and it recognizes that its employees represent a large variety of cultures, ethnicities, beliefs and languages. This wealth of diversity is what makes Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy more innovative, creative, sensitive and committed to society. Our diversity is what makes us who we are, and we are immensely proud of that.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy believes that we all have the right to be treated with dignity and respect in the workplace regardless of our race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, beliefs, sex, sexual orientation, gender, circumstances of pregnancy or parental leave, age, disability or marital status.
We seek to promote respect for the law, equality and inclusion for our employees in order to ensure that there is no discrimination by reason of race, gender, marital status, ideology, political opinions, nationality, religion or any other personal, physical or social condition.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy offers a truly flexible and inspiring place to work, with a global presence and a commitment to providing a working environment in which every employee can develop their potential and maximize their contribution.
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita www.linkedin.com.