We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
The Digital Venture Lab is where all our SGRE functions run alongside to support and to drive our common efforts and initiatives, fueling SGRE’s digital transformation. We focus on our people and business opportunities, driving a digital strategy that creates a true advantage leading us into the future of digital offerings and optimized operating models. The Digital Ventures Lab provides access to a unique ecosystem of digital natives, data sciences, developers, universities, startups, and other corporates & partners to accelerate the digital transformation of Siemens Gamesa.
And overall, our Digital Ventures Lab comes without any hierarchy levels making everyone a unique contributor to our overall success.
How To Contribute To Our Vision
- As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be taking a leading role in our data science community of practice. It is a pivotal role regarding the development of our digital solutions in line with digital architectures and designs. You will drive the practice to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- You will mine and analyze data from company databases to ensure optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies. This includes the assessment data source accuracy and data gathering techniques, as well as developing custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Predictive modeling to increase and optimize user experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting, or other business outcomes will be part of your responsibilities, as well as coordination with different functional teams to develop processes to analyze model performance and data accuracy. This will include the development and validation of new signal processing and machine learning algorithms.
- It is imperative that as a leader of change, you be an external and internal ambassador for SGRE’s digital transformation. This will require presenting and lobbying within academic and industrial forums with the aim of garnering people’s trust and excitement in The Digital Ventures Lab’s mission and drive this future digital paradigm to the energy community as a whole.
What You Need To Make a Difference
Passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change.
- You have a proactive and innovative mindset and driving attitude. You are highly result oriented and extensive knowledge about signal processing and applying PCA, AI, ML and DL methods on big data sets.
- You combine your ownership attitude with your very strong knowledge and experience in machine learning techniques and analytical skills to recognize patterns in data and develop relevant algorithms.
- You are familiar with big data processing and cloud-based platform architectures.
- You have a proven track record of product algorithm development in languages amenable to statistical and other numerical processing, such as R and Python, as well as familiarity with open-source ML packages such as Keras, PyTorch and sklearn.
- You have acquired a PhD or MA within the fields of computer science, mathematics or physics or similar and more than 7 years of experience in data science and /or pattern recognition. In addition, you should ideally have at least 5 years’ experience working within the wind industry, with exposure to wind turbine and wind farm performance analytics, prognostic turbine health monitoring and/or wind resource assessment and wind farm micro-siting activities.
In return of your commitment we offer you…
- Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come
- A global team of diverse colleagues who share passion for renewable energy
- Trust and empowerment to make your own ideas reality
- Personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization
- Flexible working hours as well as home-office
- Attractive remuneration package
- Local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy is a global organisation and it recognizes that its employees represent a large variety of cultures, ethnicities, beliefs and languages. This wealth of diversity is what makes Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy more innovative, creative, sensitive and committed to society. Our diversity is what makes us who we are, and we are immensely proud of that.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy believes that we all have the right to be treated with dignity and respect in the workplace regardless of our race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, beliefs, sex, sexual orientation, gender, circumstances of pregnancy or parental leave, age, disability or marital status.
We seek to promote respect for the law, equality and inclusion for our employees in order to ensure that there is no discrimination by reason of race, gender, marital status, ideology, political opinions, nationality, religion or any other personal, physical or social condition.
Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy offers a truly flexible and inspiring place to work, with a global presence and a commitment to providing a working environment in which every employee can develop their potential and maximize their contribution.
Por favor, para apuntarte a este trabajo visita www.linkedin.com.